- 1-2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1/2 sweet onion chopped
- 2-3 cloves of garlic minced
- 3-4 celery stalks chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper chopped (optional)
- 1 (796ml) can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 package frozen spinach
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 2-3 cups of water
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp ground chipotle pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
1. In a large pot, add 1-2 tbsp sunflower oil and heat. Add onion, garlic, celery and jalepeno and saute for 3-5 minutes until onions are translucent. Add all the spices and stir to coat.
2. Add 2 cups of water and cover and let simmer for 5 minutes until all vegetables are soft.
3. Blend with hand immersion blender and then add beans, corn, spinach and tomatoes.
4.Cook on low to medium heat for 20 minutes, add more spices to taste. Serve with sliced avocado.
Join the book club!
Get on the list! Join the club, get the latest on books about health, fitness and changing your life.